Youtube POAP - Miner Kramps

Hi,

I create a series of episodes, released every full moon, on Youtube called Miner Kramps; a documentation of blockchain culture. In its early innings I am making use of web2 and web3 platforms to capture an audience. In my goal to create a decentralised web series I wish to reward my audience - something the incumbent streaming services do not do and thus I see a gap that POAP could fill.

Let me know what the steps to creating a POAP for a monthly Youtube series entails: how many POAPs, how long of a window to claim, preventing farmers, should I only allow my discord members to mint etc etc

Thanks,

Kramps

Hey @kramps

Thanks for bringing your use case.

POAPs can be issued for special events and memorable moments of all sizes, physically or virtually, provided good cause to do a drop. Before creating a POAP, you should ask yourself:

• Is this something people will want to remember?

• Are you commemorating a special event?

• Is it a shared experience?

• Does your event has a specific time frame?

• Will you be able to distribute the codes only to the actual attendees?

In the case of YouTube videos, issuers don’t usually distribute POAPs to the audience because the recorded content has not a specific time frame.

The only way I think you can do it is by using a Google form, where you can ask a question that only attentive individuals would know to prequalify. But the minting window should be short (maybe 1 day)

Let me know your thoughts.

All the best,
The POAP Curation Body

Hi Fiorescan,

thank you for the fantastic feedback.

recorded content has not a specific time frame - this was the grey area when considering Youtube videos and POAP.

By making the minting window 1 day it feels like a premiere. “You had to be there, darling!”. lol. This is cool. I can foresee monthly red carpet release parties in whichever metaverse is ready.

And yeah, the Google form is the way.

I would like to adopt this method for the upcoming episode, which drops on the 16th of April.
Next step is…?

Thanks again

Kramps

1 Like

Awesome!

Next step is submitting a POAP drop petition: How Do I Set Up a POAP Drop? | POAP Help Center

In the POAP description, please provide some details on how you plan to distribute, so Curators have the full context.

Looking forward to reviewing your petition!

All the best,
The POAP Curation Body

Thanks Fiorescan,

I have submitted!
#37793 - episode 8_Miner Kramps

Regards,

Kramps

Congrats, looks like your petition received a positive review. You’re all ready to go! :rocket:

Enjoy your video premiere :wink:

All the best,
The POAP Curation Body

1 Like

exciting times ahead!

Thank you

Hi Fio,

it was so much fun distributing the poaps. Some of my peers had never interacted with POAP, which always presents an exciting moment to share a project that you think is cool.

I’m preparing for this months poap and I have a question…
Do I have to start again i.e go to the website and “Create your first POAP”? Or or is there another method that ‘follows on’ from my prior submission

Thanks,

Kramps