Trying to create a QR code for ETHWarsaw

Can someone help me figure out how to create a QR for my POAP without having to leave it open on a device?

Is it possible to create a POAP with a static code so we can print it out and have it at the table/paste it on the wall as people are checking in to ETHWarsaw?

Hey @mattkiel91

There are different POAP distribution methods, each one is suitable for a specific type of event:

1- Mint Links: Mint Links are ideal for small events since you have to distribute them 1-1. BUT combined with other tools, it can be used for bigger events:

• Mint Links + Magic Dispenser: the Magic Dispenser is a dynamic QR code that you can display on any device.

• Mint Links + Printing Tool: If your event is IRL, you can use the QR Generator to print individual QR codes for each attendee.

2- Secret Word: Secrets are used to distribute POAPs through the use of an issuer-selected word or phrase that collectors use to claim a POAP via the POAP app (iOS/Android). Common use cases are digital meetups like Twitter Spaces or Discord stages where you can share the Secret verbally and close the minting window after the drop ends.

3- Website: POAP.Website (I think this is the one you intend to use) is a unique link (that can be converted into a QR code) with all the POAPs. It’s one of the easiest methods of distribution, but it’s insecure – because if someone shares the URL, all your POAPs could be stolen.
Best practices:

• Use a difficult-to-guess URL. You can use a GUID generator
  • Set a short mint window: 30 min max.

Here’s how to submit a Website petition.

4- POAP.Delivery: Delivery is a tool that whitelists Ethereum wallet addresses to be eligible to mint a particular POAP. Delivery is a practical solution for issuers that have access to the wallet addresses of their collectors. Native Web3 communities, including NFT projects, DAOs, and DeFi protocols, are all excellent candidates.

There are other 3rd party tools that you can check here.

To summarize: POAP created different distribution methods, but it’s important to ask yourself which is the most suitable for the type of event you’re hosting. As a Curated Ecosystem, we’re looking not only for easy but also safe distribution.

We’re here if you need any help :slight_smile:

1 Like