The Return of Bluedot 2022 Appeal

Hi admins,

Had a chat with Brian (thanks Brian!) on POAP live chat last night after my drop was denied and he suggested it might be because I asked for 30k POAPs :joy: apparently that’s a no-no.

I’d love to resubmit the application (or do another if that’s easier). The event starts on Thursday and it’s for a big tech festival in the UK called Bluedot. I have to emphasise I’m attending this event as a fan of Bluedot (Bjork is playing on Sunday! omgomgomg) so this is entirely unofficial, but every year we attend me and my kids do some weird tech playing just to get in the spirit of things and I’d love to do a POAP for the event.

1. Drop ID - 55510

2. Community information
    https://www.discoverthebluedot.com/
    https://twitter.com/bluedotfestival

3. Nature of the event
    Bluedot festival returns after 3 years absence because of Covid. I’ve been a long-term supporter of Bluedot, which is based at the Jodrell Bank Observatory and I’d like to do something tech and fun to go alongside the event.

4. Distribution plan
    QR codes

5. Why do you believe this petition is being held?
    I asked for 30k poaps, not cool daddio.

If you need any more info please just shout. Much love to the POAP team, regardless of whether you approve this or not, you’re doing great stuff!

2 Likes

Hey :ocean: :wave: @brokebastards

Since your event is in-person, we recommend & insist on the use of Mint Links + Magic QR dispenser. It can be displayed across multiple devices + mediums:

Additionally, If you want to print POAP claim codes to hand out in person, we recommend using POAPs.agency. (They can be printed or placed on objects).

Let us know if you have any questions!

Please create a top-up requst for 100 Mint-links here →

Example:

2 Likes

Fab - thanks Frankie - I’ve done the request (I hope) and will keep my fingers crossed that gets approved.

My plan was to put up a few laminated posters around the site with the QR code on them rather than go around, as I’m relatively shy.

Would POAPs.agency be able to just print off one QR code that I could then put on a laminated pic? Or does each QR code have to be separate, because that could be a problem!

:ocean: :wave: @brokebastards

Please create a new request for website for 50 & keep the claim window open for 1 hour.
https://app.poap.xyz/admin/events/the-return-of-bluedot-2022-2022

1 Like

Done - by that I guess you mean keep the POAP Create Drop page open for an hour?

Do you know if it will need the whole hour? I forgot I need to pick my daughter up in an hour!

Hey - so do you know if there’s a way to create a single link for my entire allotment of POAPs? I need to have a single QR code rather than using all individual ones. Is that even possible?

Hey @brokebastards

This is a past event, right?
I’m sorry but we can’t issue POAP website for past events. POAP.Website is appropriate for future IRL events. Usage outside this (particularly in virtual environments) will tend to result in exploitation.

We recommend the use of a mail merge tool for the delivery of these POAPs. Here’s an example.

For future events, we recommend requesting your POAPs within 24-48 hs of anticipation.

Let us know if you have any questions!

Hey Fio, thanks for the answer. The event is actually all weekend so it’s still feasible and I’d still love to do it.

What I want to do is distribute my poaps via a single qr code.

Can I create that through poap.website?

:wave: :ocean: @brokebastards

Apologies for the delay :pray:

We typically recommend the Magic QR Dispenser ( It is not static & requires a screen)

However, you may request a top-up request for a website!

It seems you have requested 50 Mint-links instead. Which we approved!

Please reach out to customer support via our homepage POAP.xyz
They will be able to help you finalize this request for a website.

Sorry Frankie, I’m still pretty confused! This might just be me though because it’s been a looooooong week.

I’m creating a POAP for a festival that I’m attending/support. I’d like visitors to be able to get a POAP by scanning a single QR code.

So, let’s say I put a poster up in the loos at the festival

“Celebrate Bluedot by claiming your exclusive Bluedot POAP! Scan the QR code and follow the instructions!”

Then there’s a pic of the QR code.

All of the links that you’ve kindly shared with me seem to point me towards creating a number of different QR codes, which I couldn’t do in this instance.

Am I barking up the wrong tree, or is it possible to create a single use QR code that would allow 50 people to get their POAPs?

Hey @brokebastards

Yes, if the event is small (less than 100 people) you can use POAP website. Here’s how to submit a website petition: How Do I Set Up a Website for POAP Distribution? | POAP Help Center

Guidelines:

1. Use a random URL, don’t use a word that is in the title of your drop. Best practice is to include a random string of numbers and letters in your URL, which you can generate using this free online Guid Generator: https://www.guidgenerator.com/

2. Use a short mint window (1 hour max).