Request for Website - ITechLaw 2022 World Technology Conference - 50th Anniversary - 46675

1. Drop ID - 46675
  2. Community information
    International Technology Law Association (www.itechlaw.org)
  3. Nature of the event
    ITechLaw’s 50th Anniversary World Technology Law Conference
  4. Distribution plan
    I generated a magic QR code, but it has become impossible to get around to all 250 attendees to have them scan my phone. There are also many sessions with no computers, so I cannot project it either. So, I want to have the website for the attendees that I can’t get to, to be able to get the POAP. I also want to have it as part of the event survey, which goes out this evening, so that people who didn’t claim during the conference can claim if they fill out the survey about the conference. Without the webiste, I do not believe that I will get to even half of the attendees with my phone/QR code. It was my mistake setting up the QR code this way and I don’t believe that the attendees should be penalized for my failure.
  5. Why do you believe this petition is being held?
    I think because I created the magic QR code, any of my other requests are being denied.

Hey @jfklawyer

Thanks for the info and the context.
I’m sorry but Website is not the appropriate method for your use case. Website is a method that is convenient for small-ish IRL events (a birthday party is a great example). If you use website for big events, the link could be leaked and all the POAPs would be stolen.

If you’re sending an event Survey, you can collect the emails of the attendees and send them the POAPs through email (using a mail merge platform, e.g here).

Let us know if you have any questions or concerns.

All the best,
The POAP Curation Body

Hey!

We are closing this thread, due to inactivity.

Please reach out if you need further assistance.

All the best,
The POAP Curation Body