Request for more POAP links

1. Drop ID: 33583
  2. First POAP for District Hall, a non-profit in Boston.
    https://districthallboston.org
    Please add any socials, Discord links, or other information that Curators may find useful.
  3. Nature of the event: We are launching the Metaverse Gumball Machine in DCL. It’s a version of the Gumball Machine that exists in our facility in Boston.
    What are you celebrating, and why is it important?
  4. Distribution plan
    I was told that the POAP dispenser in DCL was buggy, and needed some fixes. So I decided to distribute the links via a mailto link on a page for the event – only visible to visitors to our location in DCL. (I have since seen some activity in the GitHub repository for the POAP Dispenser, so I will be migrating to that for the next one). Since this is our first POAP, the event is only one hour, in the middle of the day – in both US and Europe. My avatar will also be present for the entire event.
    How are you planning on getting POAPs to individuals?
  5. Why do you believe this petition is being held?
    Instead of my request for 100, I only received 25. I’m requesting more, just in case more people show up. The event is already on the DCL event board in DCL, and people are signing up.
    So I’m requesting another 75 links.
    BTW, the graphic for the POAP is intentionally spare: it references the laser cut tokens that the Metaverse Gumball Machine dispenses IRL. Next time, though, I will add more decoration and text.
    This discourse site has been very helpful.
    Sometimes, the information received by curators is insufficient to produce a positive review. If you have an idea about what may have flagged your submission, including it here may help

@dcdenison

Could you add more information to your POAPs description?

The information you added here would be perfect.
It’s a version of the Gumball Machine that exists in our facility in Boston.
First POAP for District Hall, a non-profit in Boston.
https://districthallboston.org

What is district hall?
District Hall is the world’s first free-standing public innovation center. We are the living room of Boston’s innovation community:

Anyone who views the POAP should have an idea about what is represents.
If you could add more info here too → Metaverse Gumball Machine Launch in Decentraland POAP | Placemaking Report
It would be helpful.

We usually reject POAPs that highlight get your free POAP. Farmers
(Minters who search for free NFTs|POAPS) would possibly try to claim it.

If you can phrase it differently or require a meaningful interaction to receive the POAP
It would be needed - recommended.

I like your use-case & artwork :slight_smile: :grinning:

Additionally these resources will be extremely helpful with future drop requests.
POAP Help Center
POAP-distribution-methods-101
Why-your drop-may-not-been-approved-yet
I’ve also attached 2 video tutorials that may be helpful.
POAP Delivery Tutorial
Community made resource: POAP-Master-Class

Please let us know if you have any questions, comments or queries.
We should have an update for you shortly.

All the best,
The POAP Curation Body

Thank you so much for the thoughtful advice! I will implement all those suggestions.

Also, I didn’t know about the “get your free POAP” rejection policy. Makes sense. I’ll reword that.

I’ll get on this right away.

And thanks for the resources. I was looking for exactly this kind of advice.

DC

2 Likes

Made the suggested changes. Let me know if I should refine anything further.

https://events.decentraland.org/event/?id=cc53d959-47b1-4535-93c5-caaefd2f2420

Thanks again for the helpful advice.

DC

Hi, implemented all your requests. Event was a big success.

I added in the copy, that “First 25 will get a POAP” but another 50 people still submitted a request for a POAP.

I’d like to send them each one for goodwill.

Would it be possible to still put through my appeal for an additional 75 POAPs?

I bet the requesters would be happy to get them.

thanks,

DC

Hi just checking in to see if I can get that original 100 POAP request, which would mean an additional 75 over the 25 you gave me. Thanks!

BTW, I can confirm that the extra people actually attended the event, because their requests are timestamped, and they could only access from the location in Decentraland.

Hey @dcdenison

Once the petition is reviewed, we can’t change the amount of POAPs sent. You should request a top-up petition.

How do you plan to distribute the POAPs?

Okay, good to know.

As far as distribution, I know that the POAP dispenser in DCL has been upgraded. What’s the best way for a non-developer to install and use one?

Thanks, DC

Hey @dcdenison

You can use the Metazoo Dispenser which is easier to set up: https://poap.cc/

Thanks1 very interested to check it out.

1 Like