Request for more links for public Event in Decentraland

Hi there!

We would like to ask for 1K mint links. We are launching an experience of Frida Kahlo in Decentraland for the Art Week. It started today. I was told, by the marketing of Decentraland, that maybe they would assist 10K users. And we want to give a POAP to these attendees. We only received 100 mint links, and in 2 hours we have already give 21. And that is why we are asking for more. We really don’t know how many people will attend, but we expect at least 5K (hopefully).
Could you help us?

Web site: https://ezel.life
Website event: Frida Kahlo, un viaje existencial | Ezel.Life
Public Event: Frida Kahlo Family’s Red House | Decentraland Events

Hello @ezellife

What is the event id?

Hi Julie :slight_smile:
This is the ID: 61445

1 Like

Hello @ezellife

For events like this you are going to have to keep requesting mint link top ups as you go through the event.

It looks like an amazing event!

Ok. Thanks! we will be asking for mint links.

Hi @julie I asked for more mints but received an email denying more mints. Could you help me please?

@ezellife

You have to use all of the mint links that you already have before you ask for more.
here is another way that you can track the distribution:

@ezellife
Please keep in mind that POAPs are meant to bookmark life’s remarkable moments.
By looking at the gallery for your event POAP Gallery
it appears that it is getting farmed.

Farming means your POAPs were minted by collectors who do not truly engage with the communities they mint POAPs from. They try to redeem as many POAPs as possible, in the hopes the will be able to extract value from it in the future.

Please be aware that this evidence of active farming and the distribution being in DCL may prevent you from obtaining more POAPs for this event.

Hi @julie,

I understand.

But Frida Kahlo is a very famous international artist. And we are working hand by hand with the Kahlo Family.

We have prepared this event for 6 months.

Hope you can help us.

@julie This event is using the Decentraland POAP server, we worked with Patricio to make sure it was fine by POAP standard.
The event is not being farmed, it’s just a big event, Decentraland has over 600 concurrent users connected right now, so it’s not surprising for 50 or 100 tokens to be claimed within an hour or two of them being released.

That server does all kind of checks to prevent farming, verify the user is actually online, limiting to a couple of POAPs per IP address, and more.

We might need to stop offering a POAP server and booth if this is not considered enough as currently many people using it complains about the difficulty to obtain codes so it’s not a good experience for Decentraland event creators.

@ezellife @HPrivakos

The website for this event pre-announces a “Free NFT” - this is called engagement farming.

One of the things that POAP has been heavily working on is eliminating the farmers of the ecosystem. As explained in the POAP Glossary , farming is the act of collecting POAPs from events/activities in which the collector did not actually participate.

In the last weeks, the Curation Body discussed POAP pre-announcements. What’s that?
Publishing on Social Media that there will be a POAP for participating in an event.

We concluded that pre-announcing there will be a POAP for attending an online event is against the POAP Quality Guidelines since it attracts farmers –people that are only after free NFTs and don’t really care about a project or community.

Pre-announcing the POAP doesn’t only attract farmers, but also it seems to be used as an engagement farming activity. Engagement farming is generally defined as issuers using POAPs in a way that incentivizes transactional behavior. Any statement to the effect of “Do X to get a POAP” is basically a marker of engagement farming.

POAP is a curated ecosystem for the preservation of memories. POAPs can be issued for special events and memorable moments of all sizes, physically or virtually, provided there is a good cause. Issuing a POAP is more a “Hey, thanks for coming! Here’s a POAP for your time and passion for this project”, when an incorrect thought would be “Hey come to my event and I’ll give you a POAP!”

I cannot see a better way to kill your project than telling people that they are not allowed to talk about it, but that’s your decision.
We will be looking for an alternative going forward.

Hi @julie ,
I think this is a big misunderstanding. There was never a harmful intention. If your review our website, if people subscribe to our newsletter, they will later receive an NFT certified by the Kahlo Family, not the POAP.

So basically, if people subscribe to our newsletter, they will receive this exclusive item. This NFT is not a POAP. We can’t disclose what it is in this conversation since it hasn’t been public yet, and is our internal strategy.

Please let me know how we can make this work. Thanks.

@ezellife
Thank you for the clarification about the NFT.

Hi Julie,

Jumping in the conversation. I have worked on this project and I did not see any social announcement on social media platforms that the player will get a POAP. As ezellife said above, their NFT is one thing and the POAP is another. In the parcel where the building is deployed there is NO indicator that you will receive a POAP. You will only receive it once you go through the whole experience and finish the questline, and it comes as a surprise for the people that have completed the quest, because the POAP dispenser is not even visible before the quests are completed. I highly encourage you to go and try by yourself and judge if this can be considered farming: Decentraland

Frida Kahlo is a big name, it´s normal that a lot of people visit the experience and claim POAPS.