Request for Codes: #36886 - Pepe Gawds' Big POAP Race Start

1. Drop ID: #36886
    Name of Event: #36886 - Pepe Gawds’ Big POAP Race Start

2. Community information
    Please add any socials, Discord links, or other information that Curators may find useful.
    Company Name: Pepe Gawds
    Company Mission: Pepe Gawds creates unique metaverse experiences, quests and adventures, utilizing POAPs, NFTs, crypto, and more.
    https://pepegawds.com/ (Website currently under construction)

3. Nature of the event
    What are you celebrating, and why is it important?
    In Decentraland, we have created a large parkour course, resembling a giant Decentraland POAP booth/machine, that is running until April 30th.
    Participants will enter the location (-106,-40), claim the Start POAP and race to the top to claim the Complete POAP. We will be tracking run times - the time between when Start POAP and Complete POAP has been claimed. Fastest runner will win $100 USDC and a unique wearable in-game.
    Additionally, many players who have completed can participate in wearable raffles.
    Please see link for reference to the outside of the event:
    https://twitter.com/CryptoAngelx/status/1512953889267466240

4. Distribution plan
    How are you planning on getting POAPs to individuals?
    For this “Start” POAP, we have placed a Decentraland POAP booth in front of the event (at the bottom of the giant POAP booth).

5. Why do you believe this petition is being held?
    Sometimes, the information received by curators is insufficient to produce a positive review. If you have an idea about what may have flagged your submission, including it here may help
    I would like to learn more about the status of this request. Currently, many Decentraland users have expressed they are excited to get started on the race. We have our event on the Decentraland page until April 30 and many users have not attempted the race yet and would like the chance to win the prizes we have promised to distribute.
    Please see link to our Decentraland event:
    Pepe Gawds' Big POAP Race | Play-to-Earn Parkour | Decentraland Events

Please let me know if you have any questions or what you need from me for a seamless transition to successful POAP distribution.

Thank you and I appreciate your time,
Angel

Hey @CryptoAngel

Hey, this was pretty seriously compromised :confused:

Check out all the addresses with tremendous numbers of POAPs:

Which POAP dispenser have you used for your drop?

Hi Fio,

Thanks for your response, appreciate your support.

We used the Decentraland API and in-game POAP booth.
Do you have any advice on how we can combat this behaviour from these POAP collectors/bots? In the Decentraland booth, we have a CAPTCHA code that you need to enter in before claim.

One idea that we have come up with is to place the booth in a more difficult to access location, hopefully reducing the bots/bad actors from claiming.

We have many real users in our Decentraland circle/community that are interested in this POAP because we are monitoring the time for prizes. We sincerely apologize for what had happened, we will take more careful considerations and strategic approaches to how we place the POAP booth in Decentraland and how we share the information of our available POAPs.

Please let me know if you have any questions or what I can do to help.

Thank you,
Angel

1 Like

Het @CryptoAngel and @Fio,

We are also using a DCL POAP booth in our scenes, and I also would like to know some creative solutions for preventing this kind of compromise. It seems that the built-in captcha would be enough, but it doesn’t seem fair to hinder real world use cases because of bad actors. I believe there could be a solution using some of the other DCL github tools/examples, but is creating a more robust solution for preventing token farming (in DCL) something that could be developed?

I saw Amazon had used the clap meter : GitHub - decentraland-scenes/clap-meter: A meter that goes up based on the number of claps from players applauding in the scene.

to do a virtual “unboxing” of a product. Perhaps we could use this interaction method to allow the POAP booth to be uncovered after the participant does the required interaction.

1 Like

Hi @Fio ,

Just received the codes. Thank you so much again for all your help, really appreciate it.
Hope you have a great evening!

AND @bake.eth ,
Thank you for providing that resource, my team and I will definitely look into it.

Thanks,
Angel

1 Like

@CryptoAngel - You bet, LMK if you run into any issues. As a team, @BBStudios and I have done this a few times and are happy to help.

1 Like