POAP request March 9th

Hello! My name is Veeka and I have created many POAP events this past year with the latest request for 200 tonight. The event is for Paradise Trippies NFT holders, a 10k sold out project with amazing utility for their holders. They have built their own Metaverse and tonight is the introduction and thank you event.
I did receive an email with 20 approved secret words out of the 200. I asked why so low on the help chat and they mentioned something about farmed events. I’m not even sure what this means or how I personally would benefit from doing something like the explanation given. I have only had small events for the groups I’m involved in and manage. Tonight is a great group I’m involved in as a holder but I’m not the owner but told them I could create the art and submit for the event. I would hate to punish this terrific group for a misunderstanding for a past event. I have never been turned down for an event and I’ve never had any communication that there was an issue with an event. I am requesting additional 100 with the pertinent info below. Thank you so much.
Event ID 32336
Date March 9
Codes Requested 100
Method Secret Word (approved)

Hey @Veeka

Hey, your latest events were pretty seriously compromised :confused: and that’s why Curators limited the amount of POAPs for your drop.

Check out all the addresses with tremendous numbers of POAPs:

Here are some recommendations to use Secret Word in future drops:

• Use a random Secret; don’t use a word that is in the title of your drop. For example, for a drop titled “Isabel’s Birthday at Ahupulco,” a secret word like “WeLovePuppies” is fine, but “IsabelAhupulco” is easy to guess and should not be used.
  • Activate the Secret only at the start of your event and deactivate it as soon as it finishes.
  • Only say the word verbally (don’t share it by DM or elsewhere online).

Let us know if you have any questions!

All the best,
The POAP Curation Body

Thanks. The event holders have absolutely no idea how this happened as they are older business people celebrating a multi million dollar NFT project. Absolutely no one in the group would try to collect a free NFT. This leads me to believe that the word chosen is a “farmed” word in your ecosystem. My understanding from your discord group is that this is a huge issue for you and you’re currently working to minimize the damage this is doing to your organization.

Going forward only different methods will be used on a very small scale. A conversation on your Discord where a group needed several hundred and was only allocated 50 is a deterrent to any organization.
Having to explain the inner workings and breaches of POAPs is not something any legitimate company should be subjected to at any point.

This event was a smashing success, while they won’t want to participate in another POAP drop, i have passed on the chat from last night and I appreciate your honesty in explaining the security breaches.

1 Like

Hey @Veeka

Yes, sometimes when the event is Public and the secret word chosen is in the title of the event, the POAPs are farmed :confused:

The Curation Body reviews the petitions with the aim to support a well-being POAP ecosystem and ensure that it is trustworthy, transparent, and fair for both issuers and collectors. It’s important that farming is eliminated because otherwise, the protocol is not a reliable source of truth about who was actually part of an event.

Thanks for understanding, looking forward to reviewing more of your petitions in the future.

All the best,
The POAP Curation Body