As a first step along the path to sustainable usage of the Proof of Attendance Protocol, the POAP Curation Body is releasing the POAP Issuer Guidelines. These intend to be a jumping off point for discussions on POAP Curation Body Policy, and eventually, the rules of the road that we all agree to play by.
We hope that in releasing a formalized set of Guidelines, we can come into better alignment with the broader POAP Ecosystem on what constitutes good usage of POAP, as well as best practices for distribution and drop sizing.
POAP is conceived as a technology that will steer the next decade of human social evolution, and your participation in its stewardship and governance is critical to the project’s success.
We want your thoughtful feedback on direction, and suggestions for improvement. These might take the form of recommendations around process; recommendations around content; or other things entirely! In any case, this thread exists to open a dialog around the topic. Here are some initial questions, for use as a jumping off point.
- What’s the best way to structure conversations around POAP Guidelines?
- How should the POAP Community contribute to the conversation around Curation Body Policy?
- Where should conversations take place?
- How should conversations look?
- Who should be involved in establishing guidelines for POAP Protocol usage?
- Who should be informed?
- Who has skin in the game?
- What should be accounted for?
- How should guardrails be set up for new POAP Issuers?
- How can we protect the protocol without hindering adoption?
- How can we support new Issuers while they learn about POAP?
- What should be revisited by the POAP Curation Body in preparing the next edition of the Guidelines?
- What’s unclear?
- Where does supporting material or rationale need to be provided?
Read the Guidelines here, and join the conversation!
POAP Issuer Guidelines
We will also be discussing the topic on our Community Call tonight (Wednesday July 6th, at 7pm EST), so please feel welcome to stop by and share your thoughts. We look forward to building a better POAP with you.