POAP Drop ID #40469 and Website Approval

Hi there!

I was new to Poaps and made a mistake trying to create a distribution method for a commemorative POAP to be distributed to participants of the Wharton Blockchain Economics Course.

Since I couldnt change the distribution method of my first drop I had to create a new one (#40469) alongside a website - which has been pending since thursday.

Unfortunately neither have been approved yet - could someone help me determine how best to make this possible?

Thank you!!

Hey @donschaumbu

I see you received a positive review for Mint Links on petition #39295 (which has 0 mints for the moment)

For this particular use-case website is not the appropriate distribution method. The appropriate method would be Mint links or Secret Word.

Are there any possibilities of using the mint links you already have?

Dear Fio,

Many thanks! Unfortunately I accidentally requested 460 Mint Links for this proposal, which I received but now do not know how to distribute to the participants (as I would need to individually allocate one mint link per participant) - Hence the second and third attempt…

Is there any way to create one central link which participants in our closed group chat could access, to then have an individual mint link allocated automatically? I assumed this was the website feature…

Thank you for your advice

Don

Hey @donschaumbu

Is this a past event now?
Do you have a list of the participants?

Hi Fio,

So sorry - the updates have been landing in my spam folder - the event is still active.

I do not have a full list of the participants, only a whatsapp group. Is there any way to distribute the POAPs to them via a single Mint Link, Website or other?

Thanks!

I notice that you closed my other thread - Titled “Confirmation Link not Issued” - just as reference that both are referring to the same topic

1 Like

Hey @donschaumbu

Websites are appropriate for small events, in real life, with short mint windows. Usage outside this framework -particularly in virtual environments- will tend to result in exploitation (farming).

If you have a virtual event where you can screen-share, you could use the Magic Dispenser which allows distributing mint links via unique QR codes. Here’s an article on how to set it up: How Do I Set Up the Magic POAP QR Dispenser to Distribute Mint Links Via Unique QR Codes? | POAP Help Center

If you have any questions regarding distribution methods, please reach out to the POAP Customer Support team via the chat bubble at the POAP website: https://poap.xyz/

All the best,
The POAP Curation Body

Dear Fio,

To clarify - the group I am trying to dispense the POAPs to is a Whatsapp group based on an Online (self paced) Course.

Unfortunately I do not have any IRL Meetings, Virtual Screen sharing events or a list of the full participants.

I only have a Whatsapp group with several phone numbers (about 180 out of the 460 total participants) - this is the only point of contact - my hope is to distribute the POAPs to all members of this group chat.

Is this possible? And would I now need to apply for a new POAP drop or can I use the one I have already requested?

Thanks so much

Hi Fio,

Just wanted to check in if there are any updates or recommendations here - or should I request a new POAP?

Thanks and best

@donschaumbu

** Guidelines :
Please make use of a GUID generator for your website’s URL: https://www.guidgenerator.com/

• Do not announce the POAP, prior to when you share the website IRL
  • Use a random Secret; don’t use a URL that is in the title of your drop.
    For example, “secret word like “WeLovePuppies” is fine, but “Upenn” is easy to guess and should not be used.
  • Claim should only be open for a maximum of 15-30 minutes & should be closed after your event ends.

Please let me know if you have any questions, comments or queries.

:wave: @donschaumbu

Going to close this post out due to inactivity.
Looking forward to reviewing your future drop petitions!

All the best,
The POAP Curation Body