Old POAP website was leaked, now I am created a new one (35920)

1. Drop ID 35920
  2. Community information
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/EthicHub
    Telegram EN: @ethichubeng (Telegram: Contact @ethichubeng)
    Discord: (EthicHub)
    LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/ethichub/
  3. Nature of the event
    We are sponsors of coffee for the Celo Connect event. On all bags of coffee we give out, there will be a POAP attached which should be in the form of QR code (the QR code should all be the same, no need for individual QR codes for this event).
  4. Distribution plan
    The POAPs will be directly printed onto the coffee bags, those will be handed out to the attendees of the event.
  5. Why do you believe this petition is being held?
    I created a POAP request earlier but my POAP’s website was leaked and people minted all my old POAPs. Now I am doing a new one and I hope I can reach the people I desire with this one :slight_smile: Thank you!

Also another question is it possible to ask for a secret word with this website? As in people would scan my POAP QR code and would have to enter a secret word to actually mint it. This would allow only the desired public to be able to mint my POAP. Let me know :slight_smile: Thank you!

Wishing you a great day,

PGCL

Hey @PGCL

We’re happy to check on the status of your petition.
Do you know how the secret website got leaked?

Hey @Fio hope you are doing good, yeah I did find it out. I was using a third party tool called Linktr.ee within which i had put an action to claim the POAP. On their privacy policy, they mention that content posted on a person’s linktree is shared to all the Linktree community. Something that I was unaware of and cost me my POAPs but i will only publish on the day of the event. Next events I will make my own landing.

Also do you happen to have an answer to this?
"Also another question is it possible to ask for a secret word with this website? As in people would scan my POAP QR code and would have to enter a secret word to actually mint it. This would allow only the desired public to be able to mint my POAP. Let me know :slight_smile: Thank you! "

Cheers,

PGCL

Hey @PGCL

You shouldn’t put the website in any public service.
A POAP Website is a tool used to distribute POAPs using one URL (which, optionally, may be represented as a QR code). Websites are one of the simpler methods of distribution, as collectors simply need to visit the URL created by the issuer. This distribution method is ideal for situations where you are certain the people who are given this link will not share it elsewhere. A birthday party with close friends is a great example.

:rotating_light: A Website is not a good option for events with large attendance, those where attendees may leak the URL

For the moment we don’t have the possibility to add a secret word to the website link.

Please, take a look at these resources, they could be useful for future drops:

Let us know if you have any other question.

Best,
The POAP Curation Body