Hackathon website not working

1. Drop ID 30209
    Chainlink Fall Hackathon 2021: Build the next generation of hybrid smart contracts alongside developers, creators, artists, and industry-leading mentors from across the blockchain ecosystem. - Devpost

2. Community information
    Broken site: POAP

This is for this event: https://chainlink-fall-hackathon-2021.devpost.com/

I sort of messed up the original drop and no one got it… so I’m fixing that now.

1. Nature of the event
    Hackathon

2. Distribution plan
    Website

3. Why do you believe this petition is being held?
    I’m not sure… I can DM someone on twitter to prove it’s me? https://twitter.com/PatrickAlphaC

Hey!

Few things here:

1. you made the URL too easy to compromise (we have been seeing some attacks). Please add a hash.
  2. Curators were confused by the request for mint links - you asked for 1000, which i see got a positive review, and the website was a duplicate.

The correct way to do this: if you’re dropping with a website, don’t ask for mint links.

Can you resubmit?

1 Like

What do you mean add a hash? And yes, I can resumit!

Randomized numbers and letters, so that an automated program scrambling elements of your title and description wouldn’t brute force the URL.

1 Like

Thanks! And by resubmit, do you mean make a new POAP listing yes?

yes, submit a new request through the UI.

1 Like

How’s this?

ID: 30756

Great, but PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT’S HOLY DON’T JUST PASTE URLs ON THE INTERNET :joy::sweat_smile:

I removed it for you. Hopefully you’re safe :pray:

1 Like

Thanks!

And wow sorry… totally forget that URLs are basically private keys of POAPs!!

So the new site is down still… how long till it comes up?

Hey Patrick :wave:

The Curation Body made a negative review of your Website petition given it’s a request for an event that happened in 2021.

For past events you could use using mint links or POAP.Delivery (in case you have collected the ETH addresses from the attendees).

As I can see, your petition for mint links has received a positive review :dizzy: so you can send the mint links to the hackathon participants.

For your future events :point_right: Please consider taking a look at the POAP Distribution methods article or chatting with the POAP Customer Support team via the chat bubble.

Looking forward to reviewing more of your petitions in the near future!

All the best,
The POAP Curation Body

Got it, thank you all!