Event #40656 - Joey Logano Festival 2022

1. Drop ID

2. Community information
    www.revvracing.com
    discord.gg/revv
    https://twitter.com/REVV_Racing

3. Nature of the event
    What are you celebrating, and why is it important?
    We are a P2E racing crypto game and hosting a festival for Joey Logano fans

4. Distribution plan
    How are you planning on getting POAPs to individuals?
    Secret code word will be shown in a discord announcement for users to claim

5. Why do you believe this petition is being held?
    Sometimes, the information received by curators is insufficient to produce a positive review. If you have an idea about what may have flagged your submission, including it here may help
    Potentially because of the number of secret codes I requested (2222)? We have a steady player base of around 2000 and Joey Lagono’s number is 22 that is why I picked this number

Also, I created a test event to make sure I did this correct and that one can be cancelled. The name of it was " Joey Fest 2022" #40654

Hey @brendeng

Thanks for the info!

Secret is ok for the type of event you’re planning but it shouldn’t be shown in a Discord announcement.

To prevent farming, the Secret should only be announced verbally, during the event. Also, please activate the Secret only at the start of your event and deactivate it as soon as it finishes.

When is the festival and where does it take place?

Thanks FIO for the advise. The festival is actually on going right now but we will only be letting people claim the POAP on the last few days (May 3rd-May 5th). I have set the time of the secret to match those time lines. I will end up just using voice chat on each day to give the secret out.

The festival takes place on our website (it’s a game) revvracing.com

Can you confirm that the request is approved and that the POAP will be available on May 3rd?

Hey @brendeng

That won’t be possible, since the Secret would be announced on the first day, and then it could be leaked.
Do you have a list of the event attendees?

Okay, what if I limit it to a 1 day event and make it more limited like 900 claims? Ill give the code out in the morning via voice chat. I don’t have a list of attendees, it will be all the people who hop in voice chat in our discord server.

Hey @brendeng

I think that could work. But we still need you to make some changes before we can proceed.

• Use a random Secret; don’t use a word that is in the title of your drop. For example, for a drop titled “Isabel’s Birthday at Ahupulco,” a secret word like “WeLovePuppies” is fine, but “IsabelAhupulco” is easy to guess and should not be used.
  • Use a short mint window (10-15 minutes should be fine)
  • Only say the word verbally (don’t share it by DM or elsewhere online).

Can you please adjust your petition? Once completed, please submit this super quick form to let us know you’ve made the requested changes: POAP Change Submitted Form

Okay I have reduced the mint time to 1 hour, the secret itself is random and does not contain the event name in it at all.

I just tried to fill the form out above and it led to a different POAP event. Not mine.

If someone can reply please this drop is suppose to be tomorrow.

Hey @brendeng

Sorry, I’ve just seen your message. Does your event finish on May 5th?

Yes May 5th is the last day. Can we please make something work, I’ve had this submitted for over a week now.

I have to say, super disappointed in this process. Many replies but no solutions and now we are creeping up on the end of the event. I will be discussing this with my supervisors and suggesting not to use this as a reliable option.

Hey @brendeng

The Curation Body made a positive review of your petition. We apologize for the inconvenience, we try to minimize the risks of farming.
You might not be aware of this, but we have quite some problems with farmers, they try to mint POAPs from events they didn’t attend sometimes even using bots to automate this process.

To distribute your POAPs you will need to edit the mint window now.

Let us know if you have any questions or concerns.

All the best,
The POAP Curation Body