Emergency Meeting re: POAP Process

1. Drop ID: #42741
  2. Community information
    Please add any socials, Discord links, or other information that Curators may find useful.
  3. Nature of the event: Test for Youth Summit
    What are you celebrating, and why is it important?
  4. Distribution plan: Website
    How are you planning on getting POAPs to individuals? Website
  5. Why do you believe this petition is being held? Hoping someone can help get a review done quickly as I have a call with the events promoters in 30 minutes. (Sorry for the fire drill)
    Sometimes, the information received by curators is insufficient to produce a positive review. If you have an idea about what may have flagged your submission, including it here may help

Hey @j33thomas

The Curation Body flagged your petition as it was marked as public (tests should be private)

Testing POAPs :

• Must be clearly marked as such, preferably in both the title and the artwork.
  • Must be marked private to avoid creating noise across various platforms.
  • Should not request an arbitrarily large volume of codes.
  • Deliveries are not open for testing.

Please let us know once you have marked it as private. You can edit your petition by using the edit code received in the confirmation email.

All the best,
The POAP Curation Body

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. I have marked the test private. Please let me know when I can begin the test.

Thanks!

Great morning,

Just wanted to quickly connect around everything I’m looking to accomplish. The test I referenced here is preparation for a conference that I am presenting at this weekend. The idea is that we want to give everyone a flyer as they walk in with a QR code that sends them to a website. On the website (https://www.canva.com/design/DAE-7r22d-U/g54xxL6-zqbnm9WreFq4dw/edit) we want to be able to have each of the 300 participants click on the image and be able to gain access to their POAP there. After that I will update the website to let them know how to get a meta mask wallet and how to add their POAP to it.

Hoping to complete test today so that I can add the actual event and make sure we get everything tight for Saturday.

This is brand new to me and I’m working on this for a major insurance company so hoping to have everything go off without a hitch.

One other thing I’ll mention is that our intent is to add a 2nd POAP to the event for what will be called the STEAM & DREAM All Stars. These people will get access to a raffle of an Oculus. I’m very open to suggestions on the best way to facilitate this bit the plan was to just have a separate flyer that is given to 10 students who go above and beyond. They would then have to add the additional POAP so that they get access to the raffle.

Warmest Regards,

When do you think I might receive what’s needed to perform the test? I really need to provide the conference organizers with an update.

Hey @j33thomas

Thanks for the context.
Your test petition has received a positive review.

As for the drop: website is the appropriate distribution method for your particular use case. This distribution method is ideal for situations where you are certain the people who are given this link will not share it elsewhere. A birthday party with close friends is a great example.
A Website is not a good option for events with large attendance, those where attendees may leak the URL.

That being said, I recommend contacting the POAP Customer Support team so they can guide you to find the appropriate method for your event.

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

All the best,
The POAP Curation Body