Drop Request for event #36097 - Troverse Planet Launch & Reveal

Hello!

I’m from Troverse team and I wanted to approach you in regards to the POAP badge drop we have planned to celebrate a major milestone we achieved with our lovely community. We don’t need codes for the entire community and will get back to you for more once all codes are minted, but I’d really appreciate it if you can issue the first 5K codes at this time. I’ll share the required info below, please let me know if you need any additional information to proceed. Thank you!

1. Drop ID: #36097

2. Community Information:
    Troverse Discord: discord.gg/troverse (28k members)
    Troverse Twitter: @TroverseNFT (67K followers)

3. Nature of the event
    This is in celebration of the Troverse Planet collection launch. We’d love to celebrate the opening of the Troverse Galaxy with our community members. Our community believed in the project and stayed with us during the past months, it’s the best time for the celebration after revealing the launched collection.

4. Distribution plan
    We are planning to let our discord members who have access to the phrase code to claim their INITIATOR POAP badge using the POAP discord bot. (So I believe it will be handled via the mint links)

Hey @troverse

How do you plan to distribute the 5K mint links?

Hi, thank you for the swift response, I appreciate it.

We will distribute the links using the POAP discord bot in our discord. We will share the secret word in our discord so each member can mint only once using the bot.

A few NFT gaming project did this before and we really liked the results :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Hello again!

I wanted to see if the distribution method I explained works and this is something doable at this time. Please let me know if additional information is needed to be able to run the drop.

Thanks.

Hey @Fio,

I’m sorry to bump it again. Is there any updates on our drop? We hope we can do it today :crossed_fingers:

Please let me know.

Thank you!

Hey @Fio, hey @frankie,

We just received an email with 100 mint links, however, we initially asked for 5K mint links!

I’m not sure what the issue is (we can discuss the gas fees payment if that’s the issue) but this is EXTREMELY limited for our community size of 28K members on Discord and 67K on Twitter! (We are gonna announce the drop and the codeword on our Discord, using the POAP Discord bot)

Please note that we have 4K holders and we are going to let all members participate in the drop on a first-come, first-served basis.

Could you please take a look into this and let us know if we are able to plan and announce the drop. The clock is ticking! Please let us know if any additional info is needed to approve the mint links we need.

Also, please let us know what is the maximum mint links we can receive.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thank you! :slight_smile:

Hey @troverse

Before we issue more codes for your drop, we love to know that those first 100 were put to good use.

Submitting petitions and distributing POAPs may seem easy, but conducting quality drops is an art and a science that requires issuers to deeply understand both the POAP protocol and their community. This knowledge and experience are gained with time, drop-by-drop.

First-time issuers should build up experience by starting with small, low-key events with simple POAP distribution before expanding to larger and/or more ambitious distributions. A good practice before submitting a petition is to familiarize yourself with the various distribution methods.

POAPs are special and unique digital collectibles that, when received by a collector, create a moment of delight and a lasting bookmark that preserves a memory forever. However, this delight can be dampened if the POAPs are minted by farmers, bots, or others who should not have actually received them.

POAP issuers are expected to be responsible for the way they distribute POAPs to community members. The Curation Body review issuer’s past drops and check if they were responsibly distributed. Repeatedly bad distributions can end in negative reviews of future petitions.

So we ask you that you properly honor those first 100 POAPs & the Curation Body will consider your request for additional codes.

All the best,
The POAP Curation Body

Hey @Fio,

You expect us to drop 100 codes in a 28k server?! That would be a very generous drop, our community will love it! :expressionless:

We were so excited for our first POAP drop. I’m not quite sure what happened to POAP recently but this is clearly not practical for projects with large communities. Unfortunately, we need to look for alternatives like implementing something on our end.

Thank you for your time.