Drop ID #61709 requested 50 more codes and received negative review

1. Drop ID #61709

2. Community information: https://unlonely.app, https://twitter.com/unlonely_app

3. Nature of the event: we are running a 10 day stream series, and awarding visitors who attend with our specially designed Brian POAP series. This has been something that our users have been requesting

4. Distribution plan
    We are displaying the magic QR code in stream only (for the hour long duration that we are live). Visitors will not be able to

5. Why do you believe this petition is being held?
    This event was originally scheduled to be yesterday, so I had the expiry date set for today. It was rescheduled, so I edited the expiration date to tomorrow, then requested a new set of codes to distribute. It may have looked like repeated artwork in this case, but yesterday’s design was never distributed, so this is the 2nd part of the 10 stream series.

Please advise if you can help ASAP, this next stream is going live in 5 hours! Thank you in advance

Hello @grace

there are a few things going on here that we have to address: (Please bear with me)

1. event ID #61709 is expired as of 20 minutes ago. Nothing will be able to be minted from this event id.

2. This is a link to one of your Twitter pages: https://twitter.com/bdguan/status/1562606070513614851?cxt=HHwWhoCqzaX8vq8rAAAA

What is happening in this Tweet when you pre-announce that a POAP is available is called engagement farming.

Please read the Curation Body statement on Pre-Announcing the POAP availability here:

As per the Curation Guidelines these are two sections that you should be aware of:

1 Like

@grace

There are a few questions that I have:

1. are you using the Magic QR Code Dispenser?
  2. Is the live stream where you are displaying the QR Code token gated or invite only?

This is the Gallery link for the first POAP distribution in your “series”:

The claimed POAPs were 21 but the Power is 14327.
This indicates that there are people farming your event. This is directly tied back into your Twitter post that announced that there will be a POAP available.

Pre-announcing the POAP doesn’t only attract farmers, but also it seems to be used as an engagement farming activity. Engagement farming is generally defined as issuers using POAPs in a way that incentivizes transactional behavior. Any statement to the effect of “Do X to get a POAP” is basically a marker of engagement farming.

Hey Julie, thanks for the thorough response. We weren’t aware of the engagement farming element of posting on social media - can take that post down now.

Since we haven’t posted regarding the 2nd drop, is there any way to extend the expiry date for one more day and mint a new set of 50 links? We are using Magic QR code dispenser, and the livestream is invite only. Any help with this would be much appreciated!

Hello @grace

You are welcome. Thank you for removing that Twitter post.
The second drop event petition has expired. There is nothing on it can be changed at this time.

where is this live stream being held?

On our site, https://www.unlonely.app/.

Will I need to submit a new request? Will it get held for being a duplicate request from before or is there a way you can help me get around that issue?

Can you see why a Curator would review your petition as being negative after clicking on your website and finding this page?

not exactly - is what we’re building not compliant with POAP standards? we thought it was a fun way to engage with users

@grace

That whole page screams “I will give you a POAP for doing (something).”
That is engagement farming.
While it may be unintentional on your part, the website is publicly accessible and announcing POAP like that attracts people to farm the POAP who really aren’t interested in your community.

The POAP Curation Body wants you to use POAP-- responsibly - as is outlined in the Curation guidelines:

POAP is a curated ecosystem for the preservation of memories.
POAPs can be issued for special events and memorable moments of all sizes, physically or virtually, provided there is a good cause.
**Issuing a POAP is more a “Hey, thanks for coming! Here’s a POAP for your time and passion for this project”, **
when an incorrect thought would be “Hey come to my event and I’ll give you a POAP!”

@grace

There is a path forward through this and I will assist you in finding it.

Please review both the Curation Guidelines and the Distribution Methods to determine which method best fits your goals for your community, and allows you to distribute responsibly.

Hi Julie, I’m the CEO and creator of Unlonely(Grace is my sister and co-founder). Apologize for the confusion.

Just to be clear, we want people who come to streams to be able to get POAPs. People who have come to streams, and thus claimed POAPs, are eligible to request tasks for me, the streamer. I’m not giving out POAPS for completing tasks, I’m required X amount of proof-of-attendence in order for people to demand tasks for me to do on-stream. I think this is a cool use-case of POAPs having slightly more functionality than normal, would be happy to hop on a call to see if there’s a way we can resolve this.

Is this engagement farming? I don’t think so. You’re Issuer Guidelines says “POAPs as a reward for promotional activities (like generic social media engagement, or simply joining a community) are usually rejected, in absence of further information for consideration.” We’ll refrain from mentioning POAPs unless its on-stream, but they are given to people who ask for them in the live-chat, aka people who showed up to this digital event, aka my Unlonely streams. It’s no different than giving a POAP to people who showed up to an IRL event, just a digital version.

Happy to hop on a call as well, can drop a calendly if that might clear things up.

Hello @brian @grace

Thank you for the context.
I will take this info back to the Curation Team and return here to explain what the determination is for moving forward with your petitions.
Please stand by on submitting another petition until the Team can discuss it in the morning during normal business hours USA EST.

do you have any updates here?

Hello @brian @grace

We will get back to you ASAP - we appreciate your patience :pray:

:ocean: :wave: @brian

Thank you for the detailed information :pray:

We have changed your expiration date on your last POAP; you will be able to distribute it to your community. [ New expiration date is October 31st ]

Additionally, going forward, please make sure that POAPs are not pre-announced.
The initial POAP you distribute must have stricter criteria.
If everyone can join or tell their friends to join, your open drops can be farmed.
Farming is the activity of individuals claiming POAPs in the hopes of extracting value out of them at a later date. Farmers, the individuals, do not add value to the communities they mint from.

Please let us know if you have any further comments, questions or queries.

All the best,
The POAP Curation Body

:wave: :ocean: @brian

Due to inactivity, this thread will close if you do not reply soon.

Please let us know if your require further assistance!

All the best,
The POAP Curation Body

This is great, thanks for resolving @frankie!

1 Like