Drop ID #59162 - Website

1. Drop ID
  2. Community information
    Surf City venue - hosts Art at Night events in Jersey City. surfcitybar.com
  3. Nature of the event
    Art at Night with Live artists, AR/VR, NFTs and more
  4. Distribution plan
    event. The QR will not be displayed on a phone, so the Magic Dispensar that was recommended would not be ideal for the event
  5. Why do you believe this petition is being held?
    Magic Dispensar was suggested but as mentioned, the QR code will be on a physical printout
1 Like

Congrats, looks like your petition received a positive review for 100 mint links.
You’re all ready to go! :rocket:

All the best,
The POAP Curation Body

Hello @beyuworldwide

Please review the Curation Guidelines:

This is the section that pertains to your event:

Please notice that using the Website Distribution Method is not the appropriate distribution method for this type of IRL , in person event. The mint links can be manually distributed to the attendees or they can be loaded into the Magic QR Code Dispenser.

Hello Julie,

I’m a bit confused here - perhaps we can escalate this? @frankie can you possibly support?

Given that the event is in person and will have a physical QR code print-out (not digital on a phone), it seems to me that a website with a QR code for a website would be the only proper distribution method? I also didn’t see the Website distribution method listed anywhere on that list.

Magic Dispenser would require a dynamic changing QR code which we would be unable to accomplish with a physical printout. Please let me know if you can support in creating this website so we can use one single QR code for the event.

Kind regards,
Ben

Hello @beyuworldwide

The other option you have is to use a third party vendor to create individual QR codes that represent the mint links.

specifically: QRExplore | Bulk QR Code Generator

or additionally, If you want to print POAP claim codes to hand out in person, we recommend using POAPs.agency. (They can be printed or placed on objects).

We are looking to have one single QR code for the POAP up at the event for attendees to scan, as I’ve done in the past and also seen at many of the NFT events I’ve attended. I’m curious why website is not an option here as it seems to me that it is the simplest solution?

@beyuworldwide

The Website Distribution method is not the appropriate method for your use case.
Website is ideal for small IRL events, where you are certain the people given this link will not share it elsewhere. A birthday party is a good example.

@frankie can you support here?

I am certain that people given this link will not share it elsewhere, as we are hosting a small IRL event where we will be sharing the QR, as I had mentioned.

I’m really not sure why I’m getting so much pushback on this method and suggested to use third party apps or manually distribute unique links to attendees, rather than what to me is the most simple and straightforward solution of using one qr code?

If we could escalate this it would be appreciated.