Drop ID #51436 Appeal (URGENT)

1. Drop ID: 51436

2. Community information
    This is for the public accounting company RSM US. This is an NFT experiment by the digital assets blockchain team. Hope to use POAP distribution more in the future.
    Blockchain | Services | RSM US

3. Nature of the event
    This POAP is for the RSM Owners conference 2022 (June 27 - June 30) we plan to have 4 POAPs at different events each day throughout the conference. There will be around 1400 owners there. If this goes well we hope to integrate POAPs such as the RSM golf classic.

4. Distribution plan
    For this particular event we wanted to distribute it during the blockchain presentation. We originally set up a website to have the QR Code placed on the slide for the presentation. We plan to only keep the minting period open during the presentation time to avoid botting. The QR code will only be provided by being in the conference room. We need to provide the QR code ASAP for the slides to be turned in

5. Why do you believe this petition is being held?
    The event is being flagged for too many POAPs claims requested for the website. Because we want to insert the QR code in the slide show we can’t utilize the magic dispenser. We are expecting over 1K owners in attendance so requested a large amount. If we can’t do 1400 what is the max url codes we can request. Thank you for the help

Hey @bearly243

TY for the context!

Unfortunately, secret Website deliveries are not the recommended best practice for large IRL events due to the risk of your QR Code for your POAPs being leaked.

You can display the QR Magic Dispenser in the slide show :slight_smile:
It is the easiest + most secure method to distribute your POAPs.

Let us know if you have any questions!

Hi @Fio

I’m working with @bearly243 on this event. QR Magic Dispenser in the slide show sounds interesting. A few questions about this:

1. Is there any documentation/videos showing how others have done this?
  2. I’m worried about hundreds of people seeing this and trying to get a POAP all at once. The way I imagine the QR Magic Dispenser working, it shows a QR code until it gets claimed by someone, then it cycles to the next QR code available. If too many people try to do this at once, wouldn’t this go very slowly (QR codes maybe cycling every few seconds at the fastest)? Am I understanding this correctly or would it work smoother than this?

Thanks for your help!

would like to know more about the magic dispenser as well.

i tried before when large amount of people scanning and thus make the website not responding and unable to claim

Interesting. Looking forward to seeing the answer to this :smiling_face:

Hi again, @Fio

Is there an option to move forward with the POAP Website method and take a few extra precautions against leaks? A few ideas:

• Making the website private
  • Manually keeping the website off (not active) until time to distribute

Since this is a closed work event with very few people familiar with POAP, I don’t think that anyone would intentionally leak the url. Maybe some of these other precautions would help keep the distribution private.

We’d be glad to take any other recommended steps to prevent leaks.

Hi @Fio, regarding @labcoatsteve message

Is there an option to move forward with the POAP Website method and take a few extra precautions against leaks? A few ideas:

• Making the website private
  • Manually keeping the website off (not active) until time to distribute

Since this is a closed work event with very few people familiar with POAP, I don’t think that anyone would intentionally leak the url. Maybe some of these other precautions would help keep the distribution private.

We’d be glad to take any other recommended steps to prevent leaks. The only issue with the magic QR dispenser is needing a live version of the website. Wanted to be able to claim the first poap while watching the presentation.

Let me know if there’s any possibility we can do the website

Hey @bearly243 & @labcoatsteve

Thanks for your patience.

As we mention in our Distribution Methods article, Website is ideal for situations where you are certain the people who are given this link will not share it elsewhere. A birthday party with close friends is a great example.

I have some questions for you:

• How many people do you expect to claim at the same time?
  • How much time do you have to display the POAP?

If you prefer, you can request a test petition and check how fast the tool works :slight_smile:

Hi @Fio we expect 1400 people there and for this particular event we want to have the QR code on the slide show presentation. We don’t believe all will participate so we are willing to lower the number for this particular experiment. We would be displaying the poap for 15-30 secs and 500 people may scan.

We have tested the website method and were very pleased with the experience. Would love to incorporate it into our event.