Drop ID: 50192 - I would like a secret word over QR scan

1. Drop ID: 50192
  2. I’ve created my POAP… and wanted to use a secret word instead of a QR scan… so I’ve set that up but getting an email - with a negative review. I’ve created POAPS in the past… but really would prefer secret word.
    Where is the best place to have this figured out?
    I need this figured out before June 18th

thank you

Hello! @0xfarah

Congrats, looks like your petition received a positive review for 600 mint links.
You’re all ready to go! :rocket:

Since your event is in-person with a “you’ve met me” POAP -
we recommend & insist on the use of the Magic QR dispenser:

POAP Magic QR Video Tutorial

It can be displayed across multiple devices + mediums.

Additionally, If you want to print POAP claim codes to hand out in person, we recommend using POAPs.agency They can be printed or placed on objects)

All the best,
The POAP Curation Body

hi Julie - thanks but i would much prefer a secret word over a Qr SCAN because i have other QR scans i will be sharing. Can i please have my secret word approved? i do not wish to use a qr scan. thank you

Hello @0xfarah

Please note that I closed the other post that was created to address this issue, the conversation around this specific issue will be confined to this post.

That being said, you had been approved for 600 mint links for your “you’ve met me” style POAP to be used with the Magic QR Code Dispenser.

12 hours ago you created a new petition with the same artwork but this time requesting to utilize the secret word as the preferred distribution method.

There are a few things involved in the decision to negatively review the secret word petition request:

1. The secret word request is not a responsible distribution plan for an IRL “you’ve met me POAP” due to the large amount of POAPs requested, a large mint window and easy to guess secret word.

2. IRL “you’ve met me POAPs” utilize the Magic QR Code Dispenser and you were already approved for 600 mint links for this distribution method.

3. You are free to utilize the services of POAPs.agency
    to create physical QR codes that can be printed on stickers to be handed out to people that you meet.

Thanks!
The POAP Curation Body

Hello @0xfarah

This statement is you acknowledging that you are not concerned with your POAPs being farmed.

Farming means your POAPs are/were minted by collectors who do not truly engage with the communities or people that they mint POAPs from. They try to redeem as many POAPs as possible, in the hopes the will be able to extract value from it in the future.

The Curation Team exists to protect the value of the POAP as a protocol and as a bookmark of the remarkable moments in peoples lives. In order to accomplish this, the Curation team serves the community in many ways which to provide information, education and guidance around the creation and execution of POAP drop petitions. The Curation Team works very hard to educate the community about POAP farmers and POAP farming activities.

Please understand that your secondary request for a secret word distribution plan for your
IRL 'You’ve met me POAP" has been negatively reviewed due to it being a large amount of mints, large mint window and easy to guess secret word.

You have been given 600 mint links that can be used in the Magic QR Code dispenser.
You also have the option to have those QR codes printed onto physical stickers via a website service such as POAPs.agency

All the best,
The POAP Curation Body