Curator Guidelines: So you got smoke signals from the POAP Curation Body

This is a topic to address several cases where the POAP Curation Body may be sending smoke signals to issuers. Hopefully, it helps to cast some light on a situation you may be facing.

I asked for X POAPs, but got Y POAPs.

This tends to indicate an issue with previous drops being farmed, requesting far more POAPs than due diligence on community might warrant, or sometimes simple lack of issuer experience.

Preferable reaction: Explaining the situation in the forum.
Disappointing reaction: Requesting a top-up for the remainder.

My first drop got approved, the next one (a top-up) didn’t.

This tends to indicate a request for information on why you needed the top up.

Disappointing reaction: Antagonistic behavior.

My mint links got approved, but my (Website, Secret, or Delivery) didn’t.

This tends to indicate a concern about your ability to distribute responsibly.

Disappointing reaction: Entering a duplicate request in the system.

It’s been more than 24 hours!

We’re probably confused about what you’re trying to do, or there may be something wrong (the art is duplicating a prior drop, you typically request from a different email, drops that aren’t strictly speaking events, other mild infractions).

Disappointing reaction: Re-doing the thing confusing Curators.

In a perfect world, we wouldn’t be sending smoke signals – but building an attestation system for humanity to use wasn’t ever going to be easy. We’re working on streamlining communication with issuers, but in the meanwhile, I hope this post can serve as a point of reference for anyone asking “I wonder what they meant by that.”

Thanks for bearing with the process while we iterate,
Isabel

Acting Director
POAP Curation Body

8 Likes

What deems the suspicion of “Farming”? I have the Dispenser coded so there is a Captcha Bot and also an Area Based Verification so you have to be on certain parcels in Decentraland to claim. Thanks

1 Like

Generally, the list of wallets that have claimed will be full of wallets that have the same POAP (like 57 wallets with the exact same set of POAPs), claiming within moments of one another.

I don’t see why you would pull a request or not provide the requested amount still. It is affecting everyone that is in the community. Past 2 requests I made were not even filled. Lots of community members have been discourage by POAP as a whole lately. What is being done to address this? Just cutting off supplies to users that utilize them? That is not the answer. I have tried again and again to speak on some resolutions and what can be done and the POAP team never responds. The users are trying to come to a resolution. The team does not seem to be.

1 Like

I will no longer be using your service. Best of luck.

It’s frustrating but the amount of projects being created is probably overwhelming.

I’m trying to better understand the guidelines to improve moving forward :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::v: