Awaiting Drop Approval Event #52219

Hi POAP team,

I am following up on my POAP that hasn’t been processed yet, which I submitted on 6/27 for. See details below:

1. 52219
  2. This drop is for my 8th Decentraland Report Stream where I interviewed Decenraland Developer, DogmanDCL via Twitch. All mint links will be sent manually to the users I had written down who have participated in chat during my stream.

Hey @maryana

Curators made a positive review for 10/30 mint links.

We limited the amount since we noticed that your last POAPs were minted by farmers --people/bots who are only after free NFTs. Check out all the addresses with tremendous numbers of POAPs:

We suggest rewarding the most meaningful interactions with a POAP, checking that the collectors are real people that add real value to your project.

Let us know if you have any questions!

Hi Flo,

Thank you for your email and explanation as to why I only received 10. I reviewed these two events and realize those two events were distributed via my Discord Bot, which appeared to be comprimsed, and I will not be using that bot any more for my streams moving forward. I really apologize for these POAPs being grabbed by POAP farmers, it was not my intention.Thankfully, I only needed 12 anyways, as my viewership was down that day. I will request for two additional ones. What I do now is review who is truly active in my stream in a note pad and then send it out via private DM.
Screen Shot 2022-07-04 at 8.58.40 PM.png

I am also working with REV.gg to only issue out poaps via verification of twitch username, activeness in my stream, and careful limited code with no advertisement of a POAP being present in the stream until later. I think the problem in Decentraland is when events advertise POAP will be there, and then it attracts a wrong amount of bot farmers.

I want to make sure I have a great relationship with your team moving forward with this new solution and careful considerations.

Thanks,

Maryana

1 Like

Hey @maryana!

Awesome, your top-up petition was approved :slight_smile:

Regarding the bot: yes, sometimes they’re not secure. I’m glad you are responsible for distribution, we really appreciate it :pray:

And yeah, definitely pre-announcing the POAP isn’t a good practice, especially in Decentraland :confused:

Do you have further info regarding REV.gg? We would love to check it!