Appeal: #38375 (Event) / #2029 (Delivery) - Valiant - Women’s Empowerment Monday - April 11th, 2022 - #018

1. Drop ID:
#38375 (Event) / #2029 (Delivery)

2. Community information
Please add any socials, Discord links, or other information that Curators may find useful.
https://twitter.com/ValiantNFT

https://discord.valiantentertainment.com/

2. Nature of the event
What are you celebrating, and why is it important?
Women’s Empowerment Monday - April 11th, 2022 on the topic of which blockchain is the most inclusive.

3. Distribution plan
How are you planning on getting POAPs to individuals?
We used premint.xyz for users to sign up for this POAP. All provided ETH addresses were validated on Discord and Twitter by premint.xyz. The form opened as we started the event and closed right after.

4. Why do you believe this petition is being held?
Sometimes, the information received by curators is insufficient to produce a positive review. If you have an idea about what may have flagged your submission, including it here may help
I was told that the rejection was because I tweeted the link to the premint form during the event. I’m not sure how we can share a link to a form during a Twitter Spaces event without a Twitter post. This was NOT posted before the event.

Every single user was verified to be in our Discord and following our Twitter during the event. The form was closed immediately after the event.

If you guys have a list of poison users that cause a POAP to be rejected, please share it with the POAP issuer community so we can filter them out.

We do our best to ensure only users that attend our events receive the POAPs. We have tightened our security on these forms as best we can. All POAP distribution methods have their drawbacks, but ours is pretty good. Is the POAP team familiar with premint.xyz? It’s a huge pain in the ass to create multiple accounts on Twitter AND Discord, plus our Discord invites are behind a captcha.

It’s really unfortunate that even with all of these steps taken, that we were still rejected. It seems the only thing we did “wrong” was tweet the link during the event. But how can users get the link in a Twitter Space without posting it?!

Original post:
https://discourse.poap.xyz/t/38375-event-2029-delivery-valiant-womens-empowerment-monday-april-11th-2022-018/4618

Hey @BeardlessDuck

Thanks for the context and all the information. We know your community is trying to avoid farming and we really appreciate the efforts.

I’m sure there was confusion here. The problem was not the Tweet itself, the problem was that anyone (whether they have participated in the Twitter Space or not) could have opened the link and completed the steps to get the POAP.

We are familiar with Premint but the problem with this platform is that it doesn’t prove attendance.

Is there a way that you can vet the collectors to ensure the drop goes to genuine members of your community? Asking them a question in the form about the event that only attentive individuals would know to prequalify, for instance?

I’m trying to be as strict as possible moving forward.

On Discord for small events, it’s a bit easier because I can verify that each person participated. During our event today, I manually removed each person who signed up that did not participate. This is time consuming but possible for small events. For larger events, it’s harder to verify each person one at a time.

On Twitter, I am open to suggestions. For example, we had an event yesterday on Twitter Spaces with Train of the Century. We did not announce the POAP beforehand and we mentioned the POAP in the space and told people they needed to get the link in Discord. Only people paying attention could have signed up, but I still don’t know how to prevent all bad actors from claiming these.

I will continue to do the best I can to keep the bad actors out, but when the list is in the hundreds of people, it’s much more difficult. I’m open to suggestions!

1 Like

Hey @BeardlessDuck

Thank you again for the efforts :pray:

For Discord events, we suggest applying for the Degen bot. Degen allows for automated distribution of POAPs to attendees of Discord stages.
You can find more info on how to set it up here: POAP Distribution with DEGEN

For Twitter Spaces the best option is Secret Word but keeping a short minting window (10-15 minutes). Here are some tips to avoid farming:

• Use a random Secret; don’t use a word that is in the title of your drop. For example, for a drop titled “Isabel’s Birthday at Ahupulco,” a secret word like “WeLovePuppies” is fine, but “IsabelAhupulco” is easy to guess and should not be used.
  • Only announce the word verbally (don’t share it by DM or elsewhere online).

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

All the best,
The POAP Curation Body