[63360] Support for drop

1. 63360
  2. We are hosting this 1-day private event in the company metaverse (invite-only). Access is gated. Participants should find an “Easter-egg” (i.e. QR code) and be able to mint the POAP.
  3. Distribution plan
    People should find the QR code and be able to mint.
  4. Why do you believe this petition is being held?
    I requested several things, QR code, secret words etc. Requests seem not approved because window is too long.

Please let me know the best option and support getting this through. The event starts already in 1 day

Hey @Janis

Thanks for the info and context.

You might not be aware of this, but the POAP ecosystem is struggling with farmers-- people/bots who only want free NFTs and try to mint as many POAPs as possible, sometimes even without participating in the events.

To prevent farming, we need you to make some changes:

1- Shorten the mint window. Best practice is to leave it open for 1 hour only.
2- Change the website URL: your website link is easy to guess. You can use this free GUID generator to create a complex website URL.

Let us know if you have any questions!

1 Like

Hi Fio

Thanks for coming back. I am happy to change the URL to whatever you recommend, however I can’t shorten the mint window because this is a one-day event. Actually, we do not even have a website but a booth within a metaverse where I would display the QR code on a wall to mint the POAP.

Any chances you can support this? Appreciate a quick reply because the event is supposed to start late tomorrow.

Best,

Janis

~WRD0000.jpg

Hey @Janis

Sorry, I was confused and thought you have requested a POAP.Website :sweat_smile:

Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to submit a website petition: How Do I Set Up a Website for POAP Distribution? | POAP Help Center

Let us know if you have any questions!

Hi @Fio

Yes, I indeed requested one because I need a static QR code that everyone can use and would still be keen to get it. However, I think I found a workaround with the QR Code Dispenser. Let’s see.

Thanks,
Janis

1 Like

Hey @Janis

Cool! TY for letting us know.

Enjoy your event!