#56208 - waiting for approval (event is today!)

1. Drop ID - #56208

2. Community information

1. Nature of the event
    We have our 1st annual conference (SciCon 2022) where we have 2 days of plenary talks with around 20 speakers. We would like to reward participants of the event with this POAP.

2. Distribution plan
    We will be distributing these POAPs via QR code during the zoom webinar for the event

3. Why do you believe this petition is being held?
    The submission was submitted a bit less than 24 hours ago (7/22/2022) prior to the start of our event (event is 7/23/2022 - 9am PST time).

Hey @jeffreykoury

We’re happy to check on the status of your petition.

I see that your event is coming up today. Please know that the Curators request a minimum of 24-36 hours to review drop petitions, as these are all reviewed manually.

Just to confirm are you going to use the Magic QR Code Dispenser?

We’re taking a look now and will get back to you as soon as possible — we appreciate your patience :pray:

Hi Julie,

Thank you so much for the quick reply. I apologize for the shorter notice, this is our first POAP mint so we’re still getting adjusted. Yes the gameplan would be to use the Magic QR code dispenser once we receive the txt file to input. Greatly appreciate it!

Jeffrey Koury

Hello Again @jeffreykoury

Welcome to the POAP Community!
Please just make a note that going forward to give everyone enough lead time for review and approval. :slight_smile:
I will place this in front of the Curators and get back to you.

1 Like

Hello @jeffreykoury

Another question:

I see that the talks are also available for live stream via zoom.
Is it your intention to display the QR Code on the screen while the zoom is live for anyone to see?

We don’t want people (bad actors and farmers) who did not attend the event to be able to obtain the POAP.

Hey @julie,

Yea exactly, the idea is to have it be the background of our main zoom host account. So when they shut off their camera to allow our speakers to talk, it will display the QR code. Alternatively, we can send individual emails to attendees with their unique POAP link.

Hello @jeffreykoury

Are you able to display the QR Codes on the screen at the end of the talk *after the live stream is shut down * to avoid outside people from obtaining the POAP?

POAP also makes a distinction between virtual attendance and IRL attendance when issuers are creating and distributing POAPs.

If there are virtual attendees that you would like to have receive the POAP you can always collect their email addresses and send a mint link to them after a Virtual Attendee of the Conference style POAP was created with different artwork. POAP sees the effort made by attending an IRL event to be distinct from the effort of viewing a presentation virtually through a medium such as Zoom.

Does that make sense?

Hey @julie

I see, yea makes a lot of sense. Ok, we may opt for emailing out the attendees (who actually attended the event) with a link to the POAP to prevent from the POAP mint being gamed.

@jeffreykoury

Thanks for understanding! This event looks awesome and very memorable for the attendees. I appreciate that you are willing to work with us in this way. I will let the Curators know that you are going to email the mint links to the attendees to prevent the event from being farmed on a live stream.

Also thank you for not mentioning POAP in your Social Media. That goes a long way in protecting the integrity of the Protocol.

I will get back to you ASAP

Congrats, looks like your petition received a positive review. You’re all ready to go! :rocket:

All the best,
The POAP Curation Body

Thank you so much! You have been a great help in streamlining this!!

Thank you,
Jeffrey Koury

You are welcome!
Take care!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 20 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.