46593 (Niftyist Podcast): Requesting Approval for Secret Word Drop

Hey, I am launching an educational podcast and have planned to incorporate a POAP for listeners of the first episode. I am ready to launch, but just discovered the magic word distribution is not yet working.

1. Event ID: 46593
  2. Community information (All relevant socials Twitter, Discord, Youtube, Websites, etc.): I am a content creator just starting my community with help from the POAP. I post to Tiktok, Twitter, Instagram and elsewhere, and hope to have a discord up soon. I also blog at niftyist.com. A preview of the podcast is available at niftyist.com/podcast.
  3. Nature of the event: The inaugural episode of the Niftyist Podcast, an interview with NFT innovators.
  4. Distribution Method: Secret Word
  5. Why do you believe this petition is being held? I got an email on May 27th that “You’ve submitted a petition to drop POAPs with Secrets.” The email encouraged me to reach out here, if I hadn’t received a confirmation email in 24 hours, which I haven’t.

Thank you!

Hey @niftyist

Thanks for the info!
The POAP Curation Body made a negative review of your petition since this is a pre-recorded podcast.

Podcasts are a use-case we can’t support since there’s no way to distribute the POAPs and avoid farming (farmers are malicious actors who attempt to collect POAPs for events/milestones in which they were not actually a participant).

Here’s an open discussion around the topic:
https://discourse.poap.xyz/t/poap-for-podcasts/3033?u=fio

If you find a way to prove that people listened to the Podcast + you use a short time-frame for the POAP mint, we could make an exception.

The only way I think you can do it is by using a form, where you can ask a question that only attentive individuals would know to prequalify. But the minting window should be short (maybe 1 day).

Let me know your thoughts.

All the best,
The POAP Curation Body

1 Like

Thank you for the thoughtful reply and the suggestion. I am thinking up alternatives for releasing the POAP that would be more time limited, like a Twitter Spaces event. I will consider my options and reapply.

2 Likes