#40565 | Hoddle - 30 POAP Events - Metaverse Tour w/ Twitter Spaces

Drop request for 30 POAP Events for Hoddle Twitter Spaces.

For the next 6 weeks, we are doing a ‘metaverse’ Tour with Twitter Spaces. Monday - Friday around 8PM PST (some days are 10AM). The purpose of the tour is to educate and entertain listeners with prominent guest speakers in the web3 industry, as well as build community for Hoddle.

Having used POAPs for private parties before, I believe POAPs to be the best way to celebrate each twitter space and show proof that our listeners/speakers participated in the virtual events.

So far we have held 3 events, and we are planning to 27 more over the next 5-6 weeks. Having read the guidelines of POAP, I am adjusting my strategies so that only genuine interactions with the Twitter Space receive the POAP.

After talking with POAP support, we have determined that using a secret word is the best distribution method. We’ll say it during the Twitter Space, then lock it after 5 minutes.

Each event will have unique POAP art, unique title, and unique description. We will likely redeem less than 100 POAPs, but we may need more over time and for certain guest speakers.

Please see the POAP events we created so far:
#40565, #40552, #40305, #40076, #39805.

We want to make sure we’re doing things the right way, and would be happy to adjust anything needed for curator approval. If everything looks good, I plan to submit and schedule the upcoming POAPs.

Here’s our information:
My name is Arlen (co-founder) - https://twitter.com/arlen_hdl
Hoddle Website: https://hoddle.club/
Hoddle Twitter: https://twitter.com/hoddleclub
Hoddle Discord: Hoddle™

Example of the artwork quality we produce.

Hey quick update. I am live in a Twitter Space right now. And our drop got farmed.

I requested more codes to be approved for our secret word. Hopefully to get it to the right people. If I could get the additional codes approved expedited, I would sincerely appreciate it as I’m live with people right now.

Looking into dispensing the POAP links via email sign ups to stop the farming.

Another update, some people I’ll need to send links direct to, so I requested links along with more spots for the secret code.

Trying to figure out how to prevent farming. The farmers are really messing up the drop for everyone. Any suggestions? They seem to be very persistent.

Hey @Hoddle

The first thing I’d like to say is a thank you for the info provided and for caring about the farming issue :pray:

Second: Yes, farmers are everywhere. That’s why it’s important that Issuers only give POAPs to the people who actually participated in the event being commemorated.

Some tips to avoid farming using Secret word:

• Use a random Secret; don’t use a word that is in the title of your drop. For example, for a drop titled “Isabel’s Birthday at Ahupulco,” a secret word like “WeLovePuppies” is fine, but “IsabelAhupulco” is easy to guess and should not be used.
  • Activate the Secret only at the start of your event and deactivate it as soon as it finishes.
  • Only reveal the word verbally (don’t share it by DM or elsewhere online).

When distributing mint links via DM, a good option is asking people a question only attentive individuals would know to prequalify.

Regarding the events coming: feel free to submit the POAP petitions for the amount of POAPs you need!
Looking forward to reviewing your petitions!

All the best,
The POAP Curation Body

1 Like

I will follow this advice and I am thinking of ways to gate the POAP more effectively.

I have submitted a few more POAP events, but using links and delivery method. Please let me know if there are any questions about my events, I am happy to answer.

1 Like