#37722 - Paladin Community Call #8 - 2022

Hello, need approval for this POAP please.

Event ID: 37722
Description: Rejoice! We’re now transferable Pals! Join us for our 8th Community Call as we do a recap of the LBP event, talk about Quest, tokenomics, Orders, and upcoming events!
Date: 7 April 2022
Codes requested: 200
Distribution method: Manual (claim links)

:wave: :ocean: @AlejandroPaladin

Congrats!! Your petition has been reviewed with positive results for 40/200 Mint-links :star2: :dizzy:

All the best,
The POAP Curation Body

2 Likes

We had at least 60 people attend the call.

Petitioning for 75.

:wave: Any updates on the amount?

@AlejandroPaladin

Please distribute the 40 Mint-links you have been awarded.
Curation would like to review the success of your distribution.

Okay, doing so now. Will follow up when finished.

All 40 have been sent out. Waiting for them to be minted. I have screenshots of users that were on call. Again, count over 60.

16 minted thus far.

Hey @AlejandroPaladin

You drop was pretty seriously compromised :confused:

Check out all the addresses with tremendous numbers of POAPs: POAP Gallery

Is there a way that you can vet the collectors to ensure that at least a good portion of the rest of the drop goes to genuine members of your community? Asking them a question only attentive individuals would know to prequalify, for instance?

I don’t understand. How was this compromised? I manually delivered the POAPs link by link to members who attended the call via Discord DM.

Please, I was only granted 40. I had at least 60 people on the call. Preferably, I need 75.

I have never experienced this issue with POAP before. Please send them over. Thank you.

@AlejandroPaladin

Sorry your event was farmed :basket: :farmer: : (

Do you see the Power box all the way on the right? Power is the # of POAPs that that issuer holders.
( For example early employees of POAP have powers between 50 - 400)

A power of 4000 literally means that minter has 4000 POAPs.

Your event maybe well attended , but they are being plagued by farmers
POAPs are meant to bookmark life’s remarkable moments. Your past events were heavily farmed.
Farming means your POAPs were minted by collectors who do not truly engage with the communities they mint POAPs from. They try to redeem as many POAPs as possible, in the hopes the will be able to extract value from it in the future.

Adding a Typeform or step to prove engagement will be necessary when dealing with this magnitude of farmers. ( It will prove engagement, regardless of power) Only about half of these collectors seems to be real. A power of < 200 can be a good indicator of that.

We are doing everything we can to create preventive measures against farming.
This is an issue that hurts everyone in the POAP community.

Please let us know if you have any comments, questions or queries.

All the best,
The POAP Curation Body

2 Likes

Hello Frankie,

Understood and I’m sorry to hear that. This is the first time I have become aware of something like this. I’m not sure how I will be able to “POAP gate” in the future but it will need to be implemented. Thank you for the explanation.

For the time being, can I receive the remainder of the POAP links? I will make sure they only go to users that have interacted with us in the past. I would really appreciate if you could so.

Thank you.

@AlejandroPaladin

Please submit a top-up request for the amount of individuals you actually know attended & interacted.

The Top-up request is created through the same portal you created your POAPs in.

1 Like

Okay, reviewing list of attendees and doing this now.

Thank you Frankie.

Good Morning Frankie,

Any update on the POAP error? Says it can’t fetch.

@AlejandroPaladin

PLEASE DO NOT SHARE YOUR EDIT CODE PUBLICLY.
Anyone who has it, can edit your event.

Please reach out to Customer Support via the pink chat bubble on POAP.xyz
→ Located in the right bottom corner of the website.

All the best,
The POAP Curation Body