#27367 - Distribution Gameplan

Hi!

I’ve already created the event and requested codes for a secret word.

But here’s where things get tricky…

The event is basically an online webinar/video informing our website’s subscribers about NFTs. The “event” – the window during which the video is viewable – will likely run for a month or so, and we’d like to distribute a POAP to everybody that attends during the course the event runs. It won’t get emailed to everyone, only those who attend. And we have the ability to email everyone only after they successfully attend, so that’s not an issue.

The issues (I believe) arise from the fact that 1) we would like to distribute the codes via a secret word that is open for a long duration of time, and 2) these events can attract anywhere from a few thousand to 10 thousand people…

But, not everyone who attends will possibly go through the process of getting an NFT. And since the event takes place over a few weeks, it’s hard to gauge how quickly we’d go through NFTs. For this reason, and for security reasons, I imagine the POAP team would prefer to issue these POAPs in smaller batches, and probably with a secret word that changes every batch (week to week, or even more freqyently), instead of setting up the drop to be for 10,000 right from the start, with a single secret.

Now, I know links would be ideal, but using a secret word seems viable and/or necessary in our case, for two reasons:

1. Emailing unique links to everyone that watches might not be doable within our system…
  2. The target audience for this event isn’t young. I may be completely wrong, but I don’t envision a primarily older (50s, 60s) crowd claiming what will likely be their first NFT ever within the POAP app and then hopping on Twitter or some other social network and sharing the code.

Hopefully all of the above information helps give you a good idea of the event, distribution, and so on.

Also, if any of this doesn’t sound doable, or if you have alternative solutions that would be better, we’re certainly able to budge and switch things up if it’s within our technical capabilities.

Thanks!

PS: I’ve created 2 POAP events before, under a different email, but not for the company I’m with, and on a much smaller scale. I’ve also claimed my fair share from attending community calls, Decentraland events, and so on. I just want to ensure you this isn’t my first POAP rodeo. :slight_smile:

Hey @med,
We’re thrilled you want to drop a POAP :medal_military:

I see you were approved for 500 out of 2000 codes. Before we issue more codes for your drop, we love to know that those first 500 were put to good use.

You can discuss with the customer support team and they can help you find the best distribution method for your particular use case. Contact them via the chat bubble at POAP Website: https://poap.xyz/

Additionally these resources will be extremely helpful with future drop requests.
POAP Help Center
POAP-distribution-methods-101

Thanks,
The POAP Curation Body

Perfect, that works!

Thanks for the quick response and info. I will get in touch via the POAP website in the coming days.

1 Like