#26735 - MetricsDAO Community Call #3 (Drop Date: 2022-02-09 1pm EST/6pm UTC)

This POAP is for attendees of MetricsDAO’s third Discord community call of 2022.

In the past, I have distributed these codes manually but our community calls are getting significantly more popular and this is no longer feasible. I have set up a POAP.website to handle distribution. We plan to release the website url during our community call intermission and give everyone a few minutes to go and claim them.

This is my first time using the POAP.website so please let me know if there is anything I should adjust or if the site will be good to go during our call time. Thank you.

Hey @Gabriel! We’re happy to check on the status of your drop petition.

We’re taking a look now and will get back to you as soon as possible — we appreciate your patience :pray:

:wave:@Gabriel

Unfortunately, your POAP.website request has been reviewed with negative results.
For community calls curation stands by using mint-links or secret word with a15 minute claim window.

Can you request secret-word distribution or manually distribute links for this drop?

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns!

Additionally, check out this Community made resource: POAP-Master-Class

All the best,
The POAP Curation Body

Thank you for taking the time to review our POAP.website.

Manual distribution of claim codes is no longer feasible for us as the size of our community calls has grown too large to hand out codes one by one. I also don’t know if using a secret word is ideal because it requires our members to set up the mobile app beforehand.

Could you help me fully understand the difference, in terms of security, between the secret word and website distribution methods? I hope this doesn’t come across as me complaining; I very much appreciate all that POAP is doing and I just want to fully understand my options.

From what I can tell, there doesn’t seem to be much difference between a website and a secret word except the secret word can only be done on the mobile app. Both allow for a set period of time where minting is open and both require us to give out a word/address. Would it be acceptable for us to use the POAP.website if we significantly shortened the start and end date to something like a 10-minute window? That way attendees only have a very short time to claim them?

Again, thank you for all the help that the curation body does. I appreciate you all.

I have updated the claim window on our POAP.website to be only 15-minutes as you suggested. Is there anything else I can do to get the website approved?

:wave:@Gabriel

Your event was reviewed with positive results :star2: :dizzy:

Curation granted your request to use a POAP.website.
For all future drops related to your Community Calls → You must use secret word.

Using the secret word method significantly reduces the possibility of farming.
Because Submission must be bade through the POAP App

Due to automations in farming POAP.website is not preferred for this type of event.

Thanks for your thorough reply + the context.

We wish you all the best! ,
The POAP Curation Body