#26372 - PoC Early adopter - 2022 - request 500 codes

Hi,

I was too late to reply on the original thread, unfortunately so opening another.
Here’s the original thread: https://discourse.poap.xyz/t/26372-poc-early-adopter-2022/2205

This POAP is for Proof of Competence (PoC) an open, modular framework to create on-chain quests and on-boarding journeys. It is rewarded for people who complete the initial PoC quest. The whole flow of distribution (and requesting more codes) was automated via the APIs. I understand the decision in that the POAP was easy to farm, which doesn’t add value to either ecosystem.

So instead of the original request of another 5000 codes, I’d like to request just another 500. These will be manually distributed from now on to early contributors, testers and beta-users. It would be great if I can use the same POAP, instead of creating a new one.

Thank you!

Hey @wslyvh,
We’re happy to check on the status of your new petition.

We’re taking a look now and will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks,
The POAP Curation Body

@wslyvh

Distributing POAPs for on-chain quests and on-boarding journeys can turn into a difficult task.
A large stream of individuals are willing to jump through a few hoops for a POAP.

Thoughts & Questions:
To be successful with future drops, how can you prevent the farming of your drop?
Maybe rewarding users for the completion of more difficult tasks would be effective?

This would ensure only dedicated community members are being issued your reward.

Moving forward these these resources will be extremely helpful with future drop requests.
POAP Help Center
POAP-distribution-methods-101
Why-your drop-may-not-been-approved-yet

I’ve also attached 2 video tutorials that may be helpful.
POAP Delivery Tutorial
Community made resource: POAP-Master-Class

Please let me know if you have any questions, comments or queries.

1 Like

Hi Frankie,

I’d argue that if people are going taking the effort to claim such an on-boarding POAP, they’ve done their work and earned it. I do agree ofc, that these quests should be sufficiently challenging to avoid (free) farming.

So the new on-boarding quest now includes a sybil-resistance (sub) quest, which gives a ‘trust’ score based on their registered/linked identities from ENS, BrightID, Self.ID or Proof of Humanity.
The amount or specific POAPs someone already has, could be another consideration to add.

Also see Proof of Competence

Hey, thanks for clarifying.

Looks like your drop received a positive review. You’re all ready to go! :rocket:

All the best,
The POAP Curation Body