#23663 - January 19, 2022

I am planning to do a drop for listeners of Season 1 of my podcast, On the Other Side.

I have distributed POAPs before (I co-lead a working group at Index Coop and made this POAP for a kickoff event: POAP), but I did not realize the curation rules had changed (which is why my date of distribution is in the past ‒ I have already published the podcast episode with the links because I didn’t realize it needed approval).

Distribution method: link to website delivery page is found in the podcast episode description, so only those who actually listen to the podcast will be able to find it. I have made the event private so people cannot discover the link through the POAP website.

I’ve requested 2,000 codes to cover both casual and consistent listeners and have made the claim period about 2 weeks for those who are a bit behind on listening to each episode.

Thank you!

Hey!
Thanks for submitting a petition for us to review your drop request, but I don’t think the Curation Body can give you the website codes for an event like this. We have some concerns about your petition:

You might not be aware of this, but we have quite some problems with farmers, they try to mint POAPs from events they didn’t attend, sometimes even using bots to automate this process.

If you use a POAP.website, it would be instantly shared around and minted solely by farmers.

We suggest to review the distribution methods. You can always ask POAP Customer Support team for help (find the chat bubble on our website).

Thanks,

Ah I understand ‒ yeah I knew POAP farming was a problem, but didn’t know it would be an issue with the website link.

Thanks for explaining!

1 Like